Nestled in the rolling hills of the Darling Downs High Country, a short drive from Toowoomba, Bunnyconnellen sits in a micro region of Queensland that boasts fine food, stunning scenery and ample opportunity to be immersed in nature.
Handy enough for a day trip, yet far enough for a quick weekend getaway, Crows Nest is located only 45 minutes from Toowoomba and an easy two hour drive from Brisbane.
With an abundance of activities on our doorstep, you might find one day is just not enough time to spend in The High Country Hamlets, with amazing natural wonders to see at the Crows Nest Falls, or Ravensbourne National Park. You can also hop over to the Bunya Mountains to spend a refreshing walk under the large Bunya Pines, or even discover some of the lakes nearby.
Our top spots for visiting in our area:
- Dine in at Myrtille Bistro or stock up on delicious pastries at My Little Blueberry
- Beutel’s Lookout, Ravensbourne National Park
- Breakfast at Harpers Country
- Cars and Coffee at the Crows Nest Tourist Park once a month, with house baked treats from the Curly Carrot
- Water activities at Lake Perseverance or Lake Cressbrook
- Check out the Cuckoo clocks at Cabarlah
- Pick blueberries at Hampton Blue (seasonal)
- Spot local wildlife at any number of the picnic spots dotted along the way
- Saddle up and enjoy a trail ride at Cowboy Up
- Browse the speciality stores at the newly renovated Nolans Block